Thursday 11 February 2010

CMNA power, new startup

Another US stealth startup, another marine kite company


Only a quick note today, but in one of my sporadic googling sessions I found a new start-up. And I also found out about another marine propulsion startup. It looks like I'm going to have to update that graph sooner rather than later!

The power producer is called CMNA power, their site is amazingly tight-lipped ( boring!) but their incubator at the University of Texas is less shy (hooray!). As this is all I can find, we'll have to wait to see if they have flying or ground based generators.

Much more informative is the site of AirplayKitesailing, who are developing kite systems for catamaran racing, but with an eye on the yacht market later down the line. They were founded by a couple of TUDelft graduates. I'm hoping to meet up with some of these guys later in the month when I'm in Delft, I want a a ride on one of those cats!

Here's a video:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I finished my PhD on Evolutionary Robotics in Airborne Wind Energy applications in 2010. Since then I have been working in industry in the area.